With just two more weeks left in the regular season, many of the top teams have already punched their ticket into the postseason. There are, however, a few spots still up for grabs, mostly in the Wild Card race. Here’s how the NFL playoff picture looks following the Week 16 Christmas Eve games (Saturday):
1. Buffalo Bills (12-3), AFC East Winners
2. Kansas City Chiefs (12-3), AFC West Winners
3. Cincinnati Bengals (11-4), AFC North Leaders
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-8), AFC South Leaders
5. Baltimore Ravens (10-5), Wild card No. 1
6. Los Angeles Chargers (8-6), Wild card No. 2
7. Miami Dolphins (8-6), Wild card No. 3
In The Hunt
9. New York Jets (7-8)
10. Tennessee Titans (7-8)
11. Las Vegas Raiders (6-8)
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-8)
The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs have already clinched their divisions with a 12-3 record and will most likely have byes in the first week of the postseason. The Bengals are through to the playoff but have not yet clinched their division, with the Baltimore Ravens one game behind.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are barely holding on to the AFC South due to a head-to-head win percentage over the Tennessee Titans. Still in the Wild Card sweepstakes are the Jets, Raiders and Steelers but the Chargers and Dolphins have a game lead, heading into the last two weeks.
1. Philadelphia Eagles (13-2), NFC East leaders
2. Minnesota Vikings (12-3), NFC North champions
3. San Francisco 49ers (11-4), NFC West champions
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-8), NFC South leaders
5. Dallas Cowboys (11-4), Wild card No. 1
6. New York Giants (8-6-1), Wild card No. 2
7. Washington Commanders (7-7-1), Wild card No. 3
In The Hunt
8. Seattle Seahawks (7-8)
9. Detroit Lions (7-8)
10. Green Bay Packers (6-8)
11. Carolina Panthers (6-9)
12. New Orleans Saints (6-9)
The Eagles and Cowboys are both through into the Playoffs but will still be fighting it out for Division leader. The Vikings and 49ers have won the NFC North and West respectively, punching their ticket into the postseason.
The Bucs are holding on to their playoff position by a thread, with a 6-8 record. Their game against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday will be huge for their playoff hopes. If they lose, it will open up the gates for the Carolina Panther to sneak in.
The Seahawks, Lions, Packers and Saints are all looking for Wild Card Spots which are currently held in the NFC East by the Cowboys, Giants and Commanders.
If you’re thinking about betting on any of the upcoming NFL games, be sure to read through our list of the best NFL betting sites in Ontario for our picks of the top sportsbooks.
NFL Latest News
NFL Playoffs: Conference Round Preview & Predictions
Just two games stand between us and Super Bowl LVII and boy are they some crackers.…
NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round Preview & Predictions
Just eight teams remain, vying for a trip to the Super Bowl this year and while…
NFL Wild Card Weekend Preview: Schedule & Analysis
The NFL playoffs are finally upon us, beginning with a thrilling weekend of Wild Card matchups…