Major League Soccer has risen in popularity over the past few years, becoming one of the most watched sports leagues in Ontario. As you’d expect, betting on MLS has also increased. This is why we bring you our list of the best MLS betting sites Ontario has to offer for 2023. The list comes complete with tips and tutorials on how to get started with MLS bets in Ontario.
✨ List of the Best MLS Betting Sites in Ontario for 2023
The table below holds our picks for the best MLS betting sites in Ontario for the year 2023. Each and every online sportsbook listed is licensed and registered with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario for legal sports betting.
- Fully licensed by the AGCO
- Mobile apps compatible with many devices
- Canadian-focused betting site
- Global sporting coverage
- A wide range of sports markets
- Provides live streaming and live betting options
- Serving Canadians Since 1997
- Great LIVE Betting Platform
- Great collection of Canadian sports
- A mobile web browser compatible with Android and iOS
- Extensive betting market options
- Exciting news and insights section
- Longstanding global history
- Strong mobile app
- Great Selection of Sports
- Downloadable iOS App
- Licensed by the AGCO
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- Licensed by AGCO
- Mobile app iOS & Android
🙋 How We Review the Best MLS Betting Sites in Ontario?
For our experts to create a list of the best MLS betting sites in Ontario they had to evaluate all major soccer betting sites in Ontario. To separate the top sportsbooks, they formed a set of criteria that provides the best overall MLS betting experience. The criteria used for rating is listed below:
- Licences – We only took into consideration sportsbooks which are legally regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Canada to provide sports betting.
- Security – A review of the security and safety measures in place at each sports betting site to protect each player’s account and payment details.
- MLS Betting Markets – Evaluating the variety of MLS betting markets available at a sportsbook and any special bet types which are included.
- Betting Odds – Comparing the betting odds at each sports betting site with other top online sportsbooks in the region.
- Mobile App – A review of the mobile compatibility of each sports betting platform with special regard to any mobile apps available for download.
- Payment Options – Taking into account the available deposit and withdrawal options and any fees, processing times and limits that may be in place.
- Customer Support – A review of the customer support mechanisms available at the sportsbook, looking into response times and available languages.
⭐ Our Top 2 MLS Betting Sites in Ontario
We cut down the field even further by picking the top 2 MLS betting sites in Ontario for 2023. Each of the two betting sites provides a complete MLS betting experience and takes our top rating in Ontario. For a short review of each of the 2 sportsbooks, see below.
NorthStar Bets Canada
NorthStar Bets Canada was licensed by the AGCO as of April 2022 to provide legal single-game and parlay sports betting. The site has a casino and live dealer section which runs alongside the sportsbook. Players can both play casino games and bet on MLS from the same gambling account.
The biggest selling points of NorthStar Bet are the big collection of MLS markets to choose from and the useful betting resources. The ‘SPORTS INSIGHT’ section gives bettors loads of great betting statistics and news which can be used when making bets. The brand also offers a great live betting section, complete with live score and gamecast.
- Extensive betting market options
- Exciting news and insights section
- Canadian-owned and operated
Updated on 23rd March 2023
ComeOn Sportsbook Canada
While ComeOn is a relatively new addition to the sports betting world, the brand has already made its mark. ComeOn sportsbook is known for having a sleek UI and providing a great mobile app which is available for free download on iOS and Android.
MLS bettors will have access to pretty much every major soccer bet type. The betting odds at ComeOn rival other major sports betting sites with special coupons available on MLS bets from time to time. The live betting section at ComeOn provides in-play betting on a number of MLS matches throughout the season. Live streaming can also be found on select matchups.
- A user-friendly interface
- 24/7 live chat
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS
Updated on 23rd March 2023
🙋 How to Start Betting on MLS in Ontario?
If you’re looking to start online betting on MLS today, you will need to first apply for a gambling account. This is a relatively simple process that only takes a few moments of your time. Read through the steps below to help guide you through the registration process.
- Navigate your browser to a sports betting website of your choice and click the ‘REGISTER’ button or equivalent on the homepage.
- A signup form should pop-up on your screen. Fill the form with the required personal info and make a username and password combination for your betting account.
- Enter any registration code you may have into the ‘CODE’ field of the form.
- Click the terms and conditions boxes and hit the button at the end of the form to finish registering.
- Supply a photo of valid government ID and a selfie to verify your identity.
- Login to your gambling account and visit the ‘CASHIER’ section to make a first deposit.
- After you fund your gambling account, you will be able to place MLS bets immediately.
✨ Benefits of Betting on MLS Online
Betting on Major League Soccer online has a number of benefits which may not be apparent at first glance. Some of the main benefits that you can look forward to when placing MLS bets online are:
- Ease and Convenience – Placing sports bets online is a very simple process that can be done from anywhere within Ontario. All you will need is a browser and a connection to the internet. If you’re always on the go or don’t have time to visit a retail sportsbook, online sports betting is the much easier option.
- Better Betting Odds – The betting odds at online sports betting sites tend to be higher than at brick and mortar sportsbooks. This can be attributed to the highly competitive online market that has sportsbooks constantly trying to one-up each other.
- More Betting Markets – Soccer betting has a great many bet types for bettors to choose from. When you bet online, sports betting sites generally hold a greater number of bet types and variety in bets, especially when it comes to props. Retail sportsbooks tend to stick to money lines and handicaps.
- Live Betting & Streaming – A majority of online sports betting sites offer live betting sections which allow users to bet on MLS matches already in progress. This not only increases the number of available betting markets but also provides a chance to access a match before betting. Live streaming of MLS matches can also be found online, giving you the chance to watch games while you place your bets.
⚽ What are the popular MLS bet types?
Major League Soccer offers every popular soccer bet type you can think of. This includes both pre-match and live betting markets. Some of the most popular bet types you can find in Ontario include:
Three-Way Money Lines
Three-Way Money Lines are the most common type of soccer bet. They allow you to bet on which team you think will win an MLS match. Where the three-way aspect comes in is through a draw. Bettors can place bets on Team 1, Team 2 or a Draw as the outcome of the match.
When you bet on Double Chance wagers, you have the opportunity to pick two out of the three options in a soccer match. For example, you can pick both that Team 1 will win and that the match will end in a Draw. Double Chance bets tend to have lower odds due to the high probability of the combined outcomes.
Draw No Bet
With Draw No Bet wagers you can eliminate the Draw outcome from your bet. You simply bet on either Team 1 or Team 2 to win and if the match finishes in a draw your bet will be returned as a push.
When you bet on Over/unders you will be betting on if you think a certain counted statistic will be over or under a given amount. The given amount will be provided by the sportsbook and usually provides close to even odds. Some of the most popular over/under statistics are number of goals, yellow/red cards, corners, free kicks, and goal-outs.
Handicaps attempt to even out unbalanced matchups by affording the underdogs a goal lead or giving favourites a goal differential. If you bet on the favourite, they must win the game and make up the goal difference. If you bet on the underdog, your team must lose by less than the goal difference.
Example: Toronto FC is a 1.5 goal favourite against the New York City FC. For a bet on Toronto FC to win, they must win the match by a margin of 2 goals. For a wager on New York City FC to win, they must not lose the game by more than 2 goals.
Outrights of Future bets allow bettors to wager on the overall outcome of the MLS season or tournament. Outright bets can also be made on the leading goal scorer over the course of the season. Betting odds for outright bets will be available even before the start of the season and tend to fluctuate greatly as the season begins.
Proposition bets give you the option of betting on events in a soccer match that do not directly affect the match’s final outcome. Common examples of soccer prop bets are First Goal Scorer, Last Goal Scorer, Red Card Yes/No, Specific Player to Score.
⚽ Tips for Betting on MLS
There isn’t any sure-fire method to make winning bets on MLS but there are a number of useful practices to increase your chances. The tips section below has our expert advice for making the most out of your MLS bets.
- Use Multiple Sports Betting Sites – A simple and easy trick to finding the best odds for a MLS bet is using multiple online sportsbooks. You will find that some sportsbooks may have the best odds for one bet, while another may have better odds for another. By registering at multiple sports betting sites you can always have the best odds to maximize your potential winnings.
- Do Your Research – Knowing your bets inside out can help greatly when you’re making your picks. Always do your own research and try to make the most educated bets as you possibly can. Some of the most useful resources to keep track of with MLS bets are the head-to-head matchups between teams, current form, injury reports and latest news.
- Place Live Bets – Live bets give the chance to access the situation in a MLS match that is already underway. This allows you to make bets which aren’t just based on past statistics but also the momentum of the game at hand. While a team may have been a big favourite coming in, you may be able to spot that another team is doing better in a match and adjust.
- Take Small Wins – There’s always the temptation to make the big wins with parlay bets and huge underdogs. However, oftentimes the smaller bets are the ones which can be the most advantageous over time. Sticking to simple three-way money lines and over/unders is usually a good strategy to make money through MLS bets in the long run. Always bet responsibly and make sure withdraw winnings when possible.
⚽ MLS Teams in Ontario
At the moment, there is only one MLS team which is represented in Ontario in Toronto FC. Two other teams from Canada also play in the MLS, the CF Montréal and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
The Toronto FC are part of the Eastern Conference in Major League Soccer. The team play their home matches at BMO Field in Toronto. Toronto FC joined MLS in 2007 as an expansion team and was the first Canadian-based franchise in the league.
The Toronto FC team is operated by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE). The MLSE operates a number of other professional teams in the city such as the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors and Toronto Argonauts.
The team has been one of the more successful ones in the league, winning the domestic treble in 2017 with the MLS Cup, Supporters’ Shield and Canadian Championship. They were the first team to do so in league history. Toronto FC have been eight-time winners of the Canadian Championship and were runners-up of the 2018 CONCACAF Champions League, as well as the MLS Cup in 2016 and 2019.
The team has been in a rough patch as of late, failing to reach the playoffs in the past couple years. With a number of top international players added, the team will be looking to make a rise up the standings in the 2022 and 2023 seasons.
Latest MLS News: Scores, Stats, Highlights and Rumors...
❓ FAQ about MLS Betting Sites
If you have any questions regarding the best MLS betting sites in Ontario, read through our FAQ sections for quick answers.
The 3 best MLS betting sites in Ontario based on our expert picks are NorthStar Bets and ComeOn Sportsbook. Some other top MLS betting sites available in Ontario include DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars and 888sport.
All bettors who are over the age of 19 and physically located within the province of Ontario will be eligible to place online bets. Players will first need to sign up for a gambling account and verify their identity to start placing bets.
Yes, most of the best MLS betting sites in Ontario offer players the chance to bet via mobile app. Mobile apps are generally available for free download on both iOS and Android devices. To use a mobile app, bettors must be within Ontario provincial boundaries with their location settings enabled.
Canadian bettors will have the ability to bet on a variety of soccer bet types in Ontario. Some of the most popular bet types you can expect are Three-Way Money Lines, Double Chance, Draw No Bet, Over/Unders, Correct Score, Handicaps, Outrights and Prop Bets. Both pre-match and live betting wagers are available on MLS matches.
Players from Canada will have a number of safe and convenient payment options to fund their betting account. Common options found at most online sportsbooks in Ontario include credit/debit cards, online bank transfers (Interac), prepaid cards, eWallets, wire transfers and crypto payments.
Yes, betting on Major League Soccer is legal at sports betting sites which are licensed and regulated by the AGCO. Single-game sports betting, parlay betting and live betting are all available.
Betting on MLS online has a great many benefits and advantages over placing bets at retail sportsbooks. For one, bettors have the option of betting online from anywhere within the province of Ontario. Another key advantage is that online sportsbooks tend to have better betting odds and larger pools of betting markets for users to choose from.
If you have trouble signing up for a gambling account or placing a MLS bet, contact customer support for assistance. Most top online sports betting sites in Ontario offer round-the-clock support in multiple channels including live chat and email.
Yes, a majority of online sportsbooks also offer the chance to play at online casinos. Common casino game types included are slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, table games, video poker, jackpots and live casino games. Most gambling sites offer the chance to use the same integrated betting account to both play casino games and bet on sports.